Saturday, July 05, 2008

My first few words ...

... in their order of utterance (or as far as mum remembers it to be so):

"iight" (light)
"daddy"
"mum, mum" (nope, not mommy but 'food)
"mama" (Yup, it's mommy this time around)
"daddy" (baby)
"daddy" (teddy)
"daddy" (froggy)
"daddy" (piggy)
"dee" (give, with it I also mean 'take')
"no"
"aunty"
"aowa" (hawa)
"aaja"
"ani" (onion)
"apa" (apple)
"no, no" (scissors, a knife, any sharp poky object, anything I'm not allowed to do / hold)
"didi"
"cooka" (cooker)
"bung" ('bund' - close it, or i closed it)
"unca" (uncle)
"cooka" (this I mean a 'kaouwa', and a 'cuckoo')
"mum, mum" (this time I mean water too)
"iight ge" ('light gayi')
"undi" (nope, not what you're thinking, it's anything round - a balloon, a tomato ...)

That's all that mama can remember for now, but in actual fact i say a lot many more words, for example, 'piki piki yaa paa' that she has no clue about. I possess my own vocab and my own dictionary ... but we'll talk about that another time ...

No comments: