Saturday, July 05, 2008

Affectionately Yours

It's that time of the year when Daddy decides to write. Because Mommy has written like three posts and Daddy is feeling left behind. Not to admit that he's fat. Now why would anyone write that, unless he was feeling guilty. I'm talking about someone else here.

Varun is now officially a walking, talking, doll. That hugs back. When I tell him "gimme a kissie" and offer him my cheek, he'll first look at me and smile, sorta like saying "Ok Dude, you want me to indulge you".

Then he'll consider the options. Do I have anything to do that's more interesting than the mundane act of showing affection? No? Ok, now, I'll do this thing.

After which he walks, very purposefully, towards me, apply his entire face on my cheek because, let's give him a break here, he has no idea how to plant a kiss. (Note: such lack of knowledge is not expected to be for long, he was born Feb 14)

Immediately post this act he will look at me, with a lot of affection, point outside the door and say "udhar". Which is one word Mommy missed out in the previous post.

Oh yes, and for another, quite apltly, "tata".

No comments: